Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Home again


You might think that it's quite depressing to return to New York City from the Caribbean, but in fact in made me very happy. I loved the sight of New Jersey's container-port cranes. I loved the insane and dangerous driving of the cabbie who took us from the ship to John Street. I even loved the absurd traffic jam that made the last five blocks of our cab ride take ten minutes.

Greta didn't love all of this quite so much, because she had to wrestle all of our bags through the ship terminal to the cab, and from the cab into our apartment building. (I was busy wrestling with my crutches.) I salute her heroic efforts!

Better yet, when we finally got back into our apartment (which looked shockingly huge after having lived in a stateroom for eleven days), we were greeted with a sumptuous meal *and* champagne, all laid out by our extremely kind apartment-/cat-sitter, Joseph. Best of all, we were soon greeted both by our cats, and by the Sanchez-O'Haras.

It's great to be home!

PS: We ain't done with this blog yet -- Greta plans to post an account of her time on Cozumel, a highlight of the trip -- so y'all come back now, y'hear?

Comments:
Hey Kids,

Welcome home! Thanks for taking us along on your trip...and fall...bahaha.

Happy Hopping!
 
Yes, Jimbo, we are extremely relieved to know you are safe at home (watch that last ste....p!)
I can't wait to see the Jersey shore either, just a few days now!
Stay in one piece until then.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?