Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Dorks hanging from the trees



I don't know what it is about Jamaica -- every person I've ever met from there is insanely charming. Maybe they put charisma in the water like we put fluoride in ours. Anyway, the tour guides on the "canopy zipline tour" that we went on were regular comedians, and kept us distracted from the alarming road we were on -- full of potholes, unevenly paved, winding up into the hills with the occasional 75-foot dropoff to one side ... did I mention it was one lane? And that the tour bus, and the oncoming traffic that we met, was doing about 40 mph?

Much less alarming to me was putting on a harness, being hung like a potted plant from a wire, and hurtling through the treetops. Greta didn't feel the same way, though -- her family, interestingly, appears to have a vertigo gene. When looking at a dropoff, they experience severe panic. But she did it anyway, and so did Sandy. I am proud of them both! [Greta's note: it was fun once I jumped off of the platforms!]

And I'm proud of how cool we look in our zipline gear.

Comments:
Dude, that's not "charisma" in the water.

Looks like you're having a great time! And yes, you look fabulous in your zipline gear.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?